- I have been a full time photographer for +18 years
- I shoot all over Massachusetts, travel through New England and happily beyond
- I have a passion for photographing all sorts of people, in their love, life & work
- My photography style: is fun, authentic & timeless
- My style has a strong emphasis on capturing the joyful and candid moments of a day
- I strive to bring out the best in you
- I want to give you photographs that will last a lifetime, proof of your legacy
- Life Happens | Get Proof
A Brief History
- 2003-2004 while attending UMass Amherst I worked spring, summer & fall as a whitewater raft guide at CrabApple Whitewater. Best college job ever!!
- 2005-2007 I became their primary whitewater photographer. I worked 6-7 days a week during the peak season
- 2006-2007 I went to photography school at Hallmark Institute of Photography in Turners Falls, MA
- 2007-2010 I worked as a staff photographer shooting business headshots and corporate events in Boston
- 2008 I began shooting family portraits for friends
- 2009 I shot my first wedding and found my calling as a portrait, wedding & event photographer. I love creating easy portraits and events full of emotions, happiness and mild chaos!
- 2023 To date I’ve shot well over +250 weddings, just as many family portrait sessions and thousands of headshots.
- Currently I’m booking weddings, family portraits, headshots and corporate events. Have camera, will travel 🙂
Things About Me
I’m a twin & I have twin boys
I guess twins DO run in our family. I have a twin brother (that’s us above, me on the right). And no joke, he is a professional snowboarder. Ranked top in the world and named the nicest guy in snowboarding. So that’s pretty cool.
My guys are Andy & Eddie, they are too amazing for words! Follow along with the #AdventuresOfAndyAndEddie
I’m happy outdoors
I’ve grown up with all sorts of outdoor sports (caving, rafting, kayaking, hiking). The best paychecks I ever received were guiding for CrabApple Whitewater.
I made the decision to go to photography school while on a month long backpacking trip in Costa Rica when I was 21 and in 2014 as a last hurrah before babies, I trekked through Nepal for three weeks. Made it to Everest Base Camp at 17,500ft. Those two big adventures were pivotal in shaping who I am today.
Podcasts, Dog Walks & Boxing
When I’m not shooting or off on new adventures with my boys, I’m probably out with my dog, boxing or listening to podcasts:
Chloe is my number one girl and you can often find us out in the woods before I head off to shoot weddings.
Boxing has become of my favorite activities! Good workout and some stress relief 😀
My Podcast Feed includes: The Daily, Planet Money, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, Lovett or Leave It, How I Built This, Crime Writers On, Criminal, etc…. Oh My Goodness soooo many!! It makes all the time I spend in my car tolerable!
“Make it Work!”
I’ve been a Tim Gunn and Project Runway fan since the beginning!! Every shoot I take on has its “Make it Work” moments. Ask me about the time I was asked to photograph him at a runway show but sadly I was already booked with another client. Sigh.
The Golden Rule
“Treat others as you would like to be treated.” It’s simple and this principle guides every decision I make, both in my professional and personal life.
I’m Painfully Punctual
Maybe my best and worst habit. I need to be early for everything.
- If you’re early, you’re on time
- If you’re on time, you’re late
- If you’re late, don’t bother showing up
I’m a Mac
I’m pretty sure I have my hands on an apple device within a few minutes of being awake. I’m usually checking the first round of emails from under the covers. Between the phone, ipad, laptop and desktop, this business runs on Apple.