I’ll promise you one thing when you see these photos: you’ll wish you were friends with Nicole and Mike.
Their wedding was a thoughtfully crafted and incorporated their love of DIY, color, a touch of vintage, trees, friends, coolers full of cold beers, an inflatable bear head and shenanigans brought on by a tight knit but large 19 person wedding party (8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, 2 flower girls and one ring bearer).
My favorite part of the day (so many moments, but here’s one…) was after the ceremony and while it was a hot day it was so pleasant in the shade in front of the church. The wedding party started to settle in with a cooler of beers and we just lounged on the grass, shot portraits, but that wasn’t the original plan. We had planned on touring some pretty spots around Plymouth but in the moment all anyone wanted to do was slow down and enjoy the moment we were in. It was perfection.
Also note the bridesmaid portraits we shot while the ladies laid on the grass. I adore these!!!
If you don’t want to see each other before the ceremony, consider a “No Look” moment.
We did this one just outside Nicole’s hotel room before Mike was heading off to the church.
This wedding was made beautiful & possible by these lovely vendors:
- Reverend Anne Emry
- Caterer: The Chubby Chickpea
- DJ: Foley Custom Entertainment
- Hair: Ashley Elizabeth Graham from G20 Salon
- Makeup & Skin: Christine Canzano
- Wedding Dress: Ballerina from Trashy Diva (bought with a coupon code!)
- Petticoat: Harper Della-piana of Seams Couture
- Bride’s Birdcage Veil: MoxieMilliner
- Bride’s Wedding Shoes: Seychelles
- Bride’s Getting Ready Robe: Silk and More
- Groom’s Wedding Band: Titanium Kay
- Bride’s Ceylon Sapphire Engagement ring: Kaya Jewelers
- Bride’s Wedding Band: Bario Neal
- Wooden table cloths, bouquet, bouts & pinwheels: handmade by the Bride’s mother
- Tree trunk guest book: Weddingchicks.com: Freebies
- Ribbon Dancers: Oriental Trading
- Bear Head and photo booth props: Target
- Napkins, chair bows & tablecloths: LA Linen
- Cake Saw: Fred and Friends
- Cake Topper: Lego Bride & Groom from Toytopia
- Cake Tray: Made for the Bride by the Groom & one of the groomsmen
Don’t you also love their non-matching, totally wearable navy dresses!!!!! I do! Those ladies look fantastic!
Nicole remembered she had pockets!
Handmade by Nicole’s Mom!!
While we lounged in the shade the groomsmen made sure they were hydrated.
Portraits on the grass. My new favorite thing!!
The Wedding Party serenaded Nicole & Mike. Smiling at this wedding was unavoidable.
Get ready for the best Bouquet & Garter Toss Sequence we’ve ever photographed!
And to finish the night with some twilight portraits on the water.
This wedding ranks high for weddings that I’m so glad I was witness to. They wrote their own rules, planned & crafted for months and then adapted to change when it made sense. You did good!