Sometimes still images tell the story of a quiet moment and sometimes the moment is a series of twirly First Dance photos. Thank goodness for gifs 🙂
This is a glimpse of Felicia & Dana’s Willowdale Estate wedding. I always think this venue is perfect for a winter wedding. If a venue can be a stunning backdrop on the inside, it’s weather resistant and that gives you wonderful peace of mind.
Things I loved about this day:
- The twirly first dance moment above <3
- The portrait on the stairs below ranks as one of my most favorite couple’s portraits of all time. Objectively they both look gorgeous. Sitting on the stairs I asked them to lean into each other and get comfortable. They make that posing direction look effortless and that comes from their ease with each other and their trust in me.
- I love that both Felicia and Dana get their own nice “photo-worthy” spaces to get ready. I popped between the two while they got ready. It made shooting solo easy.
- They wanted a traditional ceremony moment to see each other for the first time but took a few minutes for a “No Look” hand holding moment.
- The ceremony timed with sunset offered the perfect dimming daylight, mixed with candles.
- There were a few nods to their love of Disney and crafting their own fairy tale day.
- AND a groomsman made the rings disappear during a magic trick. Woah!
- Oh well I really loved all of it….. have a look 🙂
Creating this beautiful wedding was a team effort:
Florist: Karla Cassidy Designs
Flower Crown: Moonflower Nature Art
Makeup Artist: Alexandra Makeup Artistry
Cake: Mayflour Confections
Videographers: Hindsight Wedding Films
Photographers LOVE a great place to hang a wedding dress!
This beautiful floral crown was an Etsy purchase from Moonflower Nature Art and Felicia meticulously glued on 300 Swarovski crystals.
It looked so amazing all day. Perfection!
Have you ever seen a groomsman do a magic trick making the newlywed’s rings disappear??
Now you have!