I love how emotional the ceremony got. Happy tears are the best. I love that Jess and Zac stood underneath a tree with the Mount Holyoke Range in the background. On a personal level I was happy to visit my old stomping grounds of Western Massachusetts.
It’s something really really special to watch two people, that are so clearly best friends, get married.
Enjoy the rest of their day in photos. Take note of some particularly brilliant ways Jess and Zac approached their wedding day. I loved it because it was practical and lacked fussiness. If you don’t like other people’s traditions. Don’t do them!
- There wasn’t really a formal First Look moment. Zac walked in while Jess was getting ready (before the dress) and after the dress went on Jess, without any photographer intervention opened the door to find Zac on the other side.
- Zac helped Jess with the buttons on the back of the dress.
- They drove their own car over to the ceremony.
- We shot most of the family pictures before the ceremony to make more time for cocktail hour mingling.
- No wedding party. Just focused on two people getting married.
- Lots of time to dance!
- Most of the toasts weren’t formal, more like genuine “grab the mic” moments from friends.
- A photobooth using the walls of the Red Barn at Hampshire College to get silly photos of friends and family.
Be sure to get all the way to the bottom to see the mega mix of dancefloor and photobooth pictures!