Wedding Photography Packages start at $4000 and all packages include:
- Strategy Meeting (this is how we figure out how to shoot family pictures in 20 minutes and leave lots of time for the party!)
- Wedding Day Coverage (how long do you need me?)
- High Resolution Digital Images (obviously)
- Online Gallery (so you can look at them at work)
Start with a simple base package and add hours, a second shooter or a wedding album.
To get a full price list and check on availability, CONTACT ME!
Can you describe your style? How do you work?
- I shoot timeless and beautiful images; a honest account of the day, the fun, excitement and mild amount of chaos.
- I get great pictures by being well prepared with a schedule, list of requested photos and my clients’ trust.
- I get to know my clients so I won’t be a stranger in the room.
- I want you to love your experience, love your pictures the day after the wedding and when you pass down the photos through generations.
Do you have any limits on the number of photos taken on the wedding day?
- There is never any limit on photos taken. Typically weddings can expect about 75 final images per hour of coverage, more with a second shooter.
Can we see full wedding gallery?
- DEFINITELY. Just ask and I’ll send you a gallery of a recent wedding that’s similar to the one you’re planning (church ceremony, beach wedding, barn reception, etc…)
Can we give you a shot list to work from?
- YES. I welcome and encourage your input in planning the photos you want.
What is a Practice Shoot?
Also known as an Engagement Shoot, same thing. We’ll shoot some nice portraits, goofy ones too, get comfortable in front of the camera and we’ll both learn a lot of valuable information that will help to make the wedding day feel like a breeze.
- If you’re like most couples you’d probably say, “We don’t have any good photos of us together!” While the wedding photos will represent your wedding day, the photos we’ll take before the wedding are more like the two of you on any day.
- If you notice that the wedding day portraits look relaxed, it’s because most everyone practiced a little before the wedding day.
- We can take some photos that you can use in your wedding decor, make a photo guestbook or Save the Dates.
Where should we shoot a Practice Shoot?
Oh that’s a great question and my clients have taken me to some special places. The places are special to my clients and their relationship.
Should we do something like:
- getting lost in a forest
- walking down the cobblestone streets of Beacon Hill
- sitting on the front steps of your first apartment together
- getting out with your dog to throw tennis balls
- visiting some places important to your relationship: first date, proposal location, favorite Sunday breakfast joint
- some other activity? I’ve done bowling, baking, farmers market shopping, visiting coffee shops, etc…
So many different directions to take it!! There’s no big objective other than get some camera & hangout time. We’ll come away with good pictures anywhere we go. Ideally it’d be a place that feels kind of special to you both BUT that being said we could take pretty awesome pictures in an alley next to a dumpster <<< actually I’ve probably taken plenty of great pictures like that in Boston 🙂
What is the Strategy Meeting?
- I’m a planner and I want to bring my skills in being efficient and extensive knowledge in planning easy weddings to your day. I want to know all about the timeline or maybe you don’t know where to start. I CAN HELP!!! I’d love to actually!
- I want to know about the favorite people that will share in the day, the special details, notable locations you want to shoot at, etc…. With all of this brainstorming we’ll have the most effortless wedding day.
- Phone, video chat strategy meetings, wedding venue walkthroughs are scheduled Monday-Thursday and could be combined with a practice session. Some travel restrictions and travel charges may apply to venues outside of the Boston area.
Are all of our photos edited?
- Yes. All images are adjusted for color, exposure and cropping.
- All of the work is done by my two hands to make sure it’s done to my high standards.
- They’re ready to make your own prints, share with family and friends and preserve your wedding memories.
Does that mean you retouch all the photos?
- The photos as you see them in my portfolio are as they are delivered to wedding clients. They are not over-worked, no one looks “plastic”. I will use some subtle editing and retouching techniques when preparing images for print and especially albums. So in general, I do not need to retouch wedding images as part of standard delivery but any image can be retouched in post production.
When will we see our photos?
- The sooner the better! I will share a sneak peek within a day of the wedding or event.
- And the rest of them? Your wedding images will be completely ready within 2-6 weeks. The practice shoot images are done in 1-2 weeks.
How will we receive our photos?
- You will get them as a digital download (I typically use Dropbox)
What can we do with the images when we get them?
- You can print your photos wherever you want and you can share them with friends and family too.
- I also provide prints from my professional print lab if you want them done well. They definitely make great gifts!
Are there any additional or hidden fees?
- Absolutely not. I will communicate closely with you on your wedding package and details throughout the process so that you always have a clear understanding of everything that you have included. Early on we’ll establish a timeline so that you can balance your photography budget and still get all the photos you want. High Resolution Digital files are always included for wedding packages. Your wedding, your photos!
Should we have one or two photographers?
While most weddings benefit from having two photographers, some small events are fine with one. I would recommend two photographers if:
- You anticipate your guestlist to be larger than 150 people.
- You two will be getting ready at different locations at the same time and coverage of both is important.
- You appreciate the benefits of two photographers capturing events during a fast paced day.
- On the fence? If you’d like to discuss what makes sense for you, let’s talk!
Who do you shoot with?
- Some weddings I will shoot by myself, sometimes I will hire a talented professional photographer friend to help, on occasion I may have a third shooter or assistant if the day calls for it. Depends mostly on how many guests you have attending and how complex the day is. Tell me about your wedding plans and I can help make a recommendation.
Do you have backups?
- Yes to camera backups! Planning and being prepared for the extremely rare “worst case scenario” is an important part of every shoot. Multiple bags are packed with multiple sets of equipment. Multiple camera bodies, lenses, lights, batteries, etc… I shoot with the best Canon equipment available (Canon 5D Mark IIIs, L series lenses, etc….)
- Yes to image backups! Your images are also backed up throughout the day when I shoot to two memory cards simultaneously. After the event images are backed up in multiple locations and edited as quickly as possible to eliminate any loss of irreplaceable data.
Do you have insurance?
- Yes. Let me know if your venue needs my info.
How do we book & pay?
- When you give me a thumbs up to move forward, you’ll receive a link online where you can sign the contract and make payment via credit card.
- I also take checks if you prefer.
Do you take wedding day family portraits?
- Of course. I happen to love these. I love them more when they take no more than 20 minutes!
What will you wear?
- I’ll usually wear a black, navy or gray dress and unassuming and “all day, on my feet” shoes.
- If there’s a style of dress that would be more appropriate for your day, let me know.
Do you offer Wedding Albums?
- I offer heirloom wedding albums from Madera Books.
Do you shoot outside of the Boston area?
- Sure do! Tell me more details and we’ll figure out the best arrangement. I’d love to join!
- Did I leave something out? Get in touch with me. I’m an open book.
- Send me a note